I had been a smoker for most of my life. I can also say I was a professional quitter since I had quite smoking several times. But sadly, I found my way back to smoking. The longest I had been away from smoking was just under 2 years. Finally, I listened to the 5 Minute Plan To Quit Smoking presented by Leo Schreven and it enabled me to claim the victory. I am pleased to be able to share this with you today.
GOD’S 5-MINUTE PLAN FOR VICTORY OVER SMOKING: Finally quit smoking today!
- You must be willing to let God give you the victory and choose to quit. Then claim the three following promises.
- First Corinthians 15:57, “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” God has given you the victory. Take it, it’s done. You don’t have to worry about it or struggle to quit, God has already given you the victory.
- Romans 6:11,”Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Reckon that you are dead to cigarette smoking. Believe you’re dead to it because God said so, it’s done. If a person is dead, they can’t smoke. As far as smoking is now concerned you’re dead.
- Romans 13:14, “But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.”
Your part is to not plan to fail, don’t hide any cigarettes, get rid of everything. Then God can work a miracle!
Remember Peter (Matthew 14:22-29). Jesus said, “Come to Me on the water.” That’s humanly impossible! But Peter believed what God said and then Jesus performed the miracle–Peter actually walked on water!
Quitting cigarette smoking is humanly impossible for many, so let go, and let Jesus, believe and the miracle will he done.
PRACTICAL HELPS WHEN CLAIMING THE VICTORY
- Quit caffeine, it and nicotine are related poisons.
- Drink lots of liquid (fruit juice especially).
- Get lots of fresh air by walking and breathing deeply.
- Bathe morning and night for the first four days.
- Chew gum or enjoy some candy–it gives your mouth something to do!